Pregnancy Related Services
Welcome to the School Age Parenting Program for Texas City ISD. This program is designed to assist students with Pregnancy Related Services (PRS) which may include:
- Health Services (provided by the nurse)
- Scheduling Modifications (provided by the counselor/coordinated by PRS coordinator)
- CEHI (coordinated by PRS coordinator/provided by home instruction teacher)
- Case Management and Service Coordination (provided by PRS coordinator)
It is important for the student to turn in their Report of Pregnancy as soon as possible to begin services.
The student must submit a doctor note to be out of school for any length of time due to pregnancy symptoms or complications. A student will have 4-6 weeks leave after the birth of their child. A doctor note is required. The student must have a doctor note releasing them before to campus for classes or extra-curricular activities.
Any time a student must be out of school for any given time, home instruction (CEHI), will be provided. A teacher or teachers will be assigned to teach students at home. An adult 18 or older must be present in the home when a teacher is present. A student will need to meet with the teacher 4 hours per week to be counted present for that week. There must also be consent in place to be on CEHI.
- Note: If a student’s doctor note to be out of school has an end date before the medical release date, no home instruction will be provided. Student will be counted absent.
To ensure that all requirements are met, and student is on track with graduation, please feel to contact Mrs. Lindsey.
- All required forms must be obtained through Mrs. Lindsey. Her office is located in D111.